Working in the evening or night is not everyone’s cup of tea. However, while some of us prefer working during late evening or at the night time, there are others who work on projects from various time zones and thus have to work late nights.
You need to make sure that you stay alert and productive throughout the night so that you can make most of your night shift.
Here are some suggestions that will help you make your night shift better:
1) Make a sleeping routine: You need to make sure that you’re getting at least 8 hours of sleep every day in order to stay fresh and alert at night.
2) Keep a schedule: It’s important to keep a schedule before and after the shift. Try not to work overtime after the shift and try not to pack too much stuff to do during the day.
3) Have an established workspace: While working late at night, it’s important to have a dedicated work space so that you don’t confuse home space with a workspace. Having an established workspace allows our brains to associate the space with work, according to Wix which makes us more productive.
4) Drink water: Make sure you keep yourself hydrated during the night. It is said that drinking water increases productivity, so make sure you drink water at regular intervals while working during the night.
5) Have clear goals: Set clear goals of what you want to achieve each night. Setting goals not only helps you achieve your targets, it also keeps you away from distractions like random social media surfing etc.
6) Take breaks: This might be helpful for some people. Regular tea/coffee breaks help some people regain productivity levels and thus help them stay productive throughout the night shift.
Many of our coworkers at Workcave Coworking follow these tips for working at night and thus report an increase in productivity and better health while working night shifts. Think you have a tip that we can tell our coworkers? Do share in the comment section below.